Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bacon and Potato Frittata

Breakfast for dinner! We love breakfast foods, and this really combines all the flavors we like.

Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 ounces bacon (about 4 slices), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 pound new red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese

- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, about 5 inches from heating element; heat broiler. Whisk eggs, half-and-half, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl until well combined, about 30 seconds. Set eggs aside.

- Fry bacon in 10-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate; pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat. Add potatoes to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir mozzarella and bacon into eggs; add egg mixture to skillet and cook, using spatula to stir and scrape bottom of skillet, until large curds form and spatula begins to leave wake but eggs are still very wet, about 1 minute. Shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly; cook without stirring for 30 seconds to let bottom set.

- Slide skillet under broiler and broil until frittata has risen and surface is puffed and spotty brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes; when cut into with paring knife, eggs should be slightly wet and runny. Remove skillet from oven and let stand 5 minutes to finish cooking; using spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto platter or cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve.


2-3 servings.

Source: http://amberskitchen.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Jaime said...

yum. everything with bacon in it is delicious :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love breakfast for dinner! My favourite is pancakes, and then yogurt and fruit on the side!

Cammie said...

Can't wait for updates. I just found your blog and I have made meals from it already!

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Hi! I just wanted to stop by to let you know that I've passed along the 'One Lovely Blog' Award! Please stop by my blog to pick up your award http://texasebeth.blogspot.com

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh my that looks amazing. I must make a trip to the market today and pick up supplies!

Maryanna said...

I love frittatas. I'll definitely have to try this one. My hubbie loves eggs and bacon .... and potatoes, so this will surely be a winner for him.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Pmona said...

You had me at bacon!

Brian said...

I am so glad I found your website. I love breakfast food for dinner.The bacon and potato frittata had such a great bacon flavor, and it just melts in your mouth.Thanks again.