Monday, April 21, 2008

Alfredo Pasta Bake

Ingredients:
8 oz pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
1 cup mushrooms
1.5 cups chicken, cooked and diced (1 large chicken breast)
1 jar Alfredo sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the bottom of the two small or one medium baking dish with a thin layer of Alfredo sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the pasta, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken, garlic and Alfredo sauce until combined. Place mixture into baking dish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
.
2 servings.
.
Source: Amber's Delectable Delights amberskitchen.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Dazy said...

This is one of my favorites. It actually raises my appetite. I have good mania for pasta bake. Your recipe looks seductive too!

angeleyes37130 said...

This recipe was absolutely delicious. The most time consuming part was the prep of the chicken and veggies.

Here are a couple things I found helpful to me... I found the sauce to be thick after adding the second batch of ingredients (spices & veggies). I added a little water and boiled it down to make sure the veggies were not too hard. I used a large pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast from Kroger (about 5 breasts) and doubled all the other ingredients. Uncle Ben's brown rice in the bag worked great for this recipe. I would recommend using a food processor to prep for this meal to save a lot of time.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe! Do you have a healthy gumbo recipe?

Raven said...

This looks great. I make something similar too: http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/pasta-recipes/fusilli-alfredo-bake-recipe.html

But not sure it is healthy! Thanks