Thursday, January 3, 2008

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

I'm the process of getting my new (Christmas present from DH) camera charged and ready, so I've been slack about the pictures. I will have the camera ready soon. This turned out great, although DH had already eaten all of it before I even got home from work. He really liked it.

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 can (7 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 can (2 oz) mushroom pieces, drained
1/4 cup water or white wine
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
cooked spaghetti noodles

Directions:

In a crockpot/slow cooker place all ingredients except pasta. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Serve the chicken and sauce over pasta.

2 servings

Source: Taste of Home Magazine

No comments: