Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rigatoni Toss Baked

I am on a vegetable kick lately, as you can tell. Brent is not good about eating vegetables by themselves, so I've been putting them in any foods I can. This turned out so good. I wish I had made more.


Ingredients:
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (20 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained (optional - I did not use)
1 beef bouillon cube
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pounds rigatoni pasta
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

In soup pot, brown beef and drain. Add bell pepper, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients, except rigatoni. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 300. Toss the pasta with the sauce and mix well. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

5 - 6 servings.

No comments: