Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jazzed Up Vodka Chicken over Penne

I've only made this once. I really liked it, because I love all things Italian, but it was DH's favorite. He doesn't like the vodka sauce as much as I do.

Ingredients:

1 jar vodka sauce
6 oz penne pasta
2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
Italian seasoning
garlic powder
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons capers (I left these off)

Directions:

Cook penne according to package directions. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Cook the chicken in EVOO until no longer pink. Drain chicken, and pour vodka sauce over chicken. Add capers and mushrooms. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the penne and simmer and additional 5 minutes. To serve: Place chicken on plate over pasta. Drizzle on EVOO and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

2-3 servings.

I got this recipe from by friend Monica of mealsbymonica http://mealsbymonica.blogspot.com

No comments: