Thursday, November 15, 2007

Squash Casserole



I made this for a potluck luncheon we had at work. I can't remember where I got this recipe at, but I've made it several times, and it is always a crowd favorite. It really is the best squash casserole recipe I've ever made. I made 2 pans - one for work and one for me at home :) If you are only making it at home, you will probably want to half this recipe. The portions set out below make about 16 - 18 servings.

Ingredients:

1 box cornbread mix
6 eggs
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 onion, diced
2 cans sweet cream corn
3 lbs (8 – 10) squash, sliced
¼ cup sugar
8 oz. cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Boil squash in water for 8 – 10 minutes, but not more than 15 minutes. In bowl, mix all ingredients, stirring well. Add additional seasonings if needed. Pour into 2 small greased (or 1 large greased) dish. Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments: